While traveling in Japan this last Spring Break, I noticed some fantastic things happening around me.
Ten things I learned in Japan:
- I need to buy a beige trench coat ASAP. Not a black one. A beige one.
- Picnics are in. It’s all the rage now that it’s Spring.
- Men… go put on a suit. I did not see one man in between the age 20-60 without a suit.
- It’s okay to eat ramen for breakfast. And lunch. Oh, and for dinner.
- Miso is a way of life. It is also delicious and addictive.
- Don’t rush. Take your time. Stroll. Miss your train (another will come in 5 minutes).
- Take the time to look immaculate. Put those heels on and don’t you dare forget to wear eyeliner.
- Study window displays while shopping. They are works of art.
- Drink sake. Whenever you want and as much as you want. Hot or Cold.
- Work hard. Play harder. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday is the new Friday. Take your pick.